1:25 PM

Elora at 22 months (4 months home)

I just wanted to document where we are now.  Elora is like a childhood on fast forward.  She is different every day.  I remember saying that with Emery too, but if that was fast forward this is turbo speed.  In this short time with us she has become so incredibly mobile and independent.  Gone are the days of wanting and needing to be carried.  She wants to give me grey hair by WALKING up and down the stairs with out help.  Turns out she was refusing food from me because she wants to only feed her self.  Regretfully she can not be trusted to do that safely either but we are practising and it is getting much better.  She wants a plate and utensils and every thing grown up.  She is not a cling on appendage any more either.  As long as I can answer her "Mama?" she is content to be on a different floor than me, or she will just take her self up the stairs to find me.  Her language is getting better every day and now grandma and daddy can understand her too, most of the time.  She now has some words that are more than just one syllable.  She wants to have a conversation with you so any question you ask she will reply "ya!".  It is the cutest thing ever.  I need to get it on film before "no!" arrives.  She has started singing and will do a little rocking dance while she sings, Baby Mine is her favourite song to sing and usually wants mama to sing along.  She used to look at a toy with confusion or simply bang at it.  Now she will ride her truck and caterpillar, play dolly and kitchen games.  She used to destroy a book in record time, delighting in ripping them to shreds, even a board book was no match for her.  Now a dozen times a day she brings me a book to read to her.  She has grown 3 clothing sizes in four months and 3 shoe sizes too.  (Oh poor us, more shoe shopping to do!)  Her hair has grown about 2 inches too.  Hair washing is the last thing about the water she still hates. Baths, rain puddles, splash pads, swimming and water tables are all happy places now.  The grieving cry, the yowling, heart breaking cry has been replaced with a frustrated toddler cry.  She used to delight in understanding me and showing me she could do exactly as I asked, just to get my praise.  The novelty of that has worn off and now she giggles and runs the other direction, just because she can.  Why, yes, that is still driving me nuts.

Yep, turbo speed.  It makes me proud and amazed but also sad to see how fast it all disappears.  She is loosing any baby things that remain each day.  I lift up a footie sleeper she wore just last month and sigh "remember when she was this small".  It's not fair, I already missed so much of her babyhood and now the last scraps of it are flying out the window every day.  She is unstoppable.  If I could only use one word to describe her, yep it would be, unstoppable.






3 comments:

杨东妮 said...

She's such a beautiful special girl!

Thompson's Journey said...

She is darling!

Amy said...

I dont' even have words to describe how amazing she is! I just love seeing new pictures of her and just when I think she can't get any cuter....