5:05 PM

Sunday snapshot newbie

Four years ago when I moved into our current house the back hill was covered in purple wild flowers.  I had never seen such a sight, but I knew it was my home, the one of my dreams.  I always said the number one criteria for my dream house would be that it looked like faeries would be happy living there.  Back then Elora, in fact any idea of kids period, where nothing more then a far away dream... but... that hill inspired me.  I thought to myself in that moment, one day I will take amazing photos of my kids on that hill dressed as faeries.  Now here we are, the 5th summer my hill has turned violet.  One summer, I posed pregnant on that hill, another summer I just looked longingly at it dreaming of my baby girl, other summers I tried to make this photo dream come true but did not get the affect I wanted with the point and shoot.  I finally saved enough pennies to buy my first DSLR camera.  I have only had it for 3 days, have not read the manual yet but had to move fast before the violet disappeared for yet another year.  Here it is.  The photo of my dreams, the girl of my dreams, the life I always wanted.  Do you know how amazing that feels?  To see these little dreams I've had with me for so long, all of them coming true one by one, day by day.  I treasure every day but I also can't wait to see the other days I dreamt for my kids, and see the new dreams I am making.

Here are some other photos I am excited about from the past weekend.  Looking forward to growing my skills and exploring this new hobby.
Ice cream happy face and riding a dino or two through the park.



5 comments:

Freeze Frame said...

Your picture is amazing. If this is your first pic's with your camera, then you are going to be INCREDIBLE! :)

Lori Lee said...

What an absolutely beautiful little one! Loved reading some of the other posts, especially loved the post about being angry at the mom. So heartbreaking on all sides. Beautiful photograph!

Sylvia said...

Thanks!!

Sylvia said...

Sorry Stephanie I deleted your post by accident farm tiny IPhone screen. Thank you for the kind words.

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh! I am so happy for you. How wonderful to have all these blessings in your life : ) Congratulations on your new camera. You will have so much fun with it!