4:15 PM

Saying yes and meaning no...

Or was it saying no and meaning yes????

After a long, confusing and exhausting series of conversations though 3rd parties with Elora's orphanage we were given new photos. With all the language and cultural differences this process was at times very worrisome, since we were asking a lot of the orphanage, when really we already owe them so much. I felt compelled to break the etiquette and ask the hard questions about her finding and to try to document any thing about her life to date that I could AND get permission to visit the orphanage. I knew it was not going as I had hoped and was truly worried that I was risking it all, but in the end I continued simply because I know one day I would have to answer to my daughter why I did not try, and because I was afraid to offend or because that is against the rules was not a good enough answer for me or for her.

I still feel uneasy about the whole situation, obviously no one likes to perceived as rude or bossy, but I guess I will just have to learn to live with those perceptions because I am after all a Tiger Mom now. So with out further ado, new photos of the cutest little tiger girl there ever was, my sweet baby girl.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

well she sure is cute, and will be in your arms in 4 1/2 weeks. Hang in there Sylvia!!

Bonnie, Jim and Ainsley said...

She is adorable. So glad that you got new photos. It is a tightrope to walk on, trying to do what is right for your child while trying not to make anyone really angry. You are almost there. When you get there can you tell them to please hurry up with my LOA :)

Catherine said...

She is so sweet! What a warm, cozy outfit for her to wear!

so happy for you that you were able to get new photos. Hope it works out for you to visit her SWI!

Tas (Theresa) Self said...

very cute can't wait to see photos of you holding her : )

LBC said...

So cute!