6:36 PM

Heart is so jet lagged

What time is it where you are?
I miss you more than anything
Back at home you feel so far
Waitin' for the phone to ring
It's gettin’ lonely livin’ upside down
I don't even wanna be in this town
Tryin' to figure out the time zones makin' me crazy

You say good morning
When it's midnight
Going out of my head
Alone in this bed
I wake up to your sunset
And it's driving me mad
I miss you so bad
And my heart, heart, heart is so jetlagged

What time is it where you are?
Five more days and I'll be home
I keep your picture in my car
I hate the thought of you alone
I've been keepin' busy all the time
Just to try to keep you off my mind
Tryin' to figure out the time zones makin’ me crazy

I wanna share your horizon
I miss you so bad
And see the same sun rising
I miss you so bad


So we are down to single digit count down till take off, 7 days (only 4 more work days). You would think in the home stretch that things would be peachy. But I still miss her every second. In addition I am also (pre)missing my baby boy who we are leaving home with grandma. I am most looking forward to March 16th when FINALLY my whole little family will be in my arms and in one time zone. I wonder what it will feel like? What will the absence of sorrow, longing, wanting and waiting feel like? They have been my constant companions for so very, very long now. I can hardly imagine what it feels like to be waiting for NOTHING!!!!

On that note we are still waiting on our travel approval. Yep, 7 days till we are on a plane and we have no approval. Trying not to loose sleep over that... HA! It is about 45 days late (aka has taken 210% longer then it should have. So no one is sleeping in this house. Bring it on jet lag, I am so ready to function on less than 2 hours sleep, I am a pro now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hang in there Sylvia, I have been told you can be handed your TA in China. Your little Elora will soon be looking at the sunrises and sunsets in your arms. Jessica

Tas (Theresa) Self said...

wishing for your TA. I know exactly how you feel. I know it is difficult but try and get some sleep you will need your strength and rest when baby girl is put in your arms. Flip back to my gotcha photos this will be you very soon I promise. Big hugs