10:36 AM

Come what may,

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place, suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace. There’s no mountain too high no river too wide, storm clouds may gather, stars may collide but I will love you until the end of time.
My husband and I danced to that song on our wedding night. Back when he was the centre of my universe. Thankfully that universe has expanded as we grew a family. This may sound strange but I think the most special part of having our son was how it changed my love for my husband. Something changed in him in that moment our baby was placed in his arms, he grew in an instant to become this incredible man. He has always been a great guy who I loved, needed, trusted. It was just something in that moment though that was an absolute magical mystical moment, and my love for him doubled. In the days, weeks, months and years that have followed it continues to grow as I watch my lover become the world’s best dad.
To my great joy it is happening again. Since the moment of our referral my husband is metamorphosing into an even more incredible dad. He has been my rock throughout this past month, he has calmly guided me through all my emotions with the steady hand he has always given me. I have fallen for him all over again watching him plan “in secret” his Christmas gift for her. When he defended her like a lion and when we stared at her photos together for the millionth time. The best is yet to come. I can’t wait to witness all the thousands of special daddy daughter moments our future holds.
People have believed that he was a reluctant husband, they have misinterpreted his silent calm as passiveness. There have been times I wondered myself if we were truly on the same page. I know now without a shadow of a doubt that we are totally in step on this journey, you need only look into his eyes when he says his daughter’s name and you would know it too. He loves me enough not just to allow me my dreams, but he loves us enough to make them his dreams too. So we love him, more and more each day.
Only my true star twin could travel this journey with me.

0 comments: