9:15 AM

Returning to work

I am ending my year long maternity leave and now must go back to work and leave my son at day care. Tear...tear. It is very hard on me, I just don't want to be apart from him. Every job but the job of motherhood seems trivial to me. But the bills gotta be paid, so hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.
I wanted to print off some photos to remind me what I am working towards. There are some very special adoption bills that are being payed with my new pay check. So I made this photo to frame and take to work along with some great photos of my son. Sadly when I am at work I am apart from both my babies, but I just keep humming the song 1000 oceans and gazing at their photos... Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize.

These tears I've cried
I've cried 1000 oceans
And I would cry 1000 more
If that's what it takes
To sail you home
I'm aware what the rules are
But you know that I will run
You know that I will follow you
So I will cry 1000 more
If that's what it takes
To sail you home

0 comments: